The ocean shader in Maya got my imagination going. Tweaked it for a couple of days, but it has it´s limits. Not bad though. It would have been nice with splash effects. It took a real long time to get the ocean to look more the way I wanted, even when I understod the parameters. Still the fog could have had more adjustment possibilities, like rain type style. Tried to get som rain in the picture using particles, but even the lowest amount seems to heavy for my machine. The spot has no soft edges, but enough tweaking on this one, Interesting to change objects and camera angle. And to check around the net for submarines…
I had the opportunity to work with “haute couture” for the brand Topeco, and socks.
The idea was to have the rendered images on the backside of a package. I hope they were used, but if not, the project was fun, anyhow. I didn´t realize how much work it was though =) In the end I learned a lot. Firstly there weren´t many photos of the socks.
Took some photos of the real ones with my mobile phone, to get a base texture. The end result was ok, after a lot of testing.
As a free entrepreneur, it is always fun to se other places and meet new people. The downsides can be short lead times and new task to learn at the same time. As Lars Von Trier used to say -“you have to take the bad with the good”, or something similar, which is usually the case when jumping from a job to another. I was a part of a summer team working for Aj in Halmstad, with the below seen catalogue. That was all of the above, plus that I had to stay at a hotel directed to me by the supernice jobnanny that I had, who landed the job for me in the first place. Nice experience and I also had time for jogging since I had no computer the first month at the hotel. During that period I had to maintain a stiff upper lip, since the well known “Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo” hit me and made the lasting 4 weeks really stressful. For me that is what beeing a pro means, by doing the work unless your head falls off. Or maybe it´s greed.
This was a “design” prop, / conversation piece, for a short movie venture. I got involved in the project through a contact in an investment company. Interesting project since the piece was later printed in 3D. Because of that it had to be altered in som technical aspects. It was really fun and gave me new insights in the 3D printing world.
I have never worked in Zbrush or Mudbox, and this was modelled entirely in Maya, wich on the other hand was good due to som issues with max poly limit. The model was exported into obj and re-pivoted in Rhino for stl wich is the printing format at the time.
It was printed with some earlier model of Makerbot. It is now a part of Stratasys, and what I have heard the development of the next/new generations are not as priceworthy.
Loa 3D character, second or third draft. The bags had to be moved to the front, and details reinforced.
Power of 3D is when you can render any details, and by just changing the camera angle create a whole new image.
Here is the whole image from a front perspective. My computer is a bit slow, but these kind of renderings it can handle quite all right. Everything is 3D except the background clouds, from at photo taken by Alan_Hirschmugl. The car body is in two parts and thus the hard edge in the middle.
Starting here with something new for me, like posting images that are experimental and just done for fun. Design in general and art combined into a web of image and mood, with a touch of tech try outs. Links and strange stuff will appear hopefully creating a interesting blend for anyone who stumbles in here…